Romance Writers on the Journey has received two awards in recent weeks. Although I didn’t start the blog with the goal of receiving such accolades, I want to publicly thank those who chose to bestow such honors as well as acknowledge my amazing guests and visitors who make this place on the Web what it is.
Today Writers at Play gave Romance Writers on the Journey the Your Blog is Fabulous! award.
This blog award comes with some rules. I’m to to list five things I’m addicted to and then pass on the award to five other blogs.
I’m addicted to many things, including Taco Bell and Coach bags, but I’ll choose five that are writing related.
- Books on craft. I have two shelves of these.
- Romance novels. My TBR pile fills two shelves.
- Research books, since I write Historicals. Yup. Another two shelves full.
- Reading blogs about writing and writers.
- Connecting with other writers on Facebook and Twitter.
The five blogs I’m choosing for the Your Blog is Fabulous! award are:
- Anne Barton’s Blog (Anne is one of my awesome critique partners.)
- The Last Word (CJ Redwine’s blog. She’s another of my wonderful CPs.)
- Melanie Writes–Fiction and Book Reviews (Melanie is the third of my super CPs.)
- Jennifer Hudson Taylor (Author)
- Kaye Dacus.com (Author)
In January, Jessica Nelson of Booking It, gave this blog the Premio Dardos Award.
“This award ‘acknowledges the values that every Blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values with each message they write. Awards like this have been created with the intention of promoting community among Bloggers. It’s a way to show appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.”
Here are the rules for this award:
Accept the award. Post it on your blog together with the name of the person who granted it to you, along with his/her blog link. Pass the award to fifteen other blogs you feel are worthy of this recognition. Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen as recipients.
Following are the fifteen blogs I’m giving the Premio Dardos award.
I’ve added all these sites to Google Reader and trust them to have consistently valuable content.
Four Historical Sites:
Five Author Sites:
- F.A.I.T.H. Following.Always.Intently.Trusting.Him.
- Novel Matters
- So You Wanna Be Published
- Writes of Passage
- Writing Fiction Right from Novelist Gail Gaymer Martin
Six Publishing Professional Sites:
- Between the Lines (Books & Such Literary Agency)
- Chip MacGregor .com (Literary Agent at MacGregor Literary)
- The Edit Café (Barbour Publishing Editors)
- Karen Reddick, Editor & Author’s Assistant
- Michael Hyatt (President and C.E.O, Thomas Nelson Publishers)
- Rants & Ramblings on Life as a Literary Agent (Rachelle Gardner)